He took my money claiming to be a bailiff at the Parish Court

QUESTION: Dear Legal Wiz
A bald headed man came to my house in November and gave me a summons. He told me that he was a bailiff who was coming to lock me up if I did not pay him some monies that I owe to the person who took out the summons. The thing is I gave my word that I would have paid 8,000 a month, but the man never showed up. This bailiff asked me for 5000 to give to the man I owe so he can take the matter out of the Court.
When I went to the court, I was informed that this man was not a bailiff and cannot lock me up. I called him for my money and he claims he does not know me and he has no money for me. When I told him I would call the police, he said I would get nowhere even if I had fifty thousand police because the police are his friends.
I need my money now so I can pay the man who I really owe.

Several persons have written outlining a similar situation. One can only hope this man stops his folly. However you need to make a formal report to the police station nearest to the Station. Perhaps you could visit the courthouse and speak to one of the police officers stationed there who can speak to the man on your behalf before it escalates.
Legal Wiz


The above does not constitute or replace professional legal advice.
The responses to the varied submitted questions are drafted by our inhouse journalist, after research and consultations with attornies-at-law and other relating experts in their fields. It is not to be assumed therefore that all members of the Legal Wiz team are trained and practicing attornies-at-law, realtors, investigators, but being a part of the network such personnel utilise their skills for the success of all.
Contact the team at 530-5744
Photo by ajrfman24572

Author Profile

... a team of professional experts, mostly Jamaicans, from varied fields including as priority paralegal, investigation, research, real estate, construction, arts (literary, visual, performing, culinary) and entertainment, certified Attorneys (civil and criminal law). Information is researched, then published, on this site, in the interest of the wider public.
Link me here
Click here for more about us

Related posts