THE TOP TEN contestants of the 13th staging of the Digicel’s Rising Star Show was narrowed to 8 on August 7th, 2016 as Korus was voted off.
Being the Billboard night, the picks proved challenging. Contestants in addition to adding creativity to their choices, needed a good range, strong vocals, knowledge of lyrics.
Gifted One brought on a new angle with sharp dance steps, but at the expense of his vocals which were almost missing in value. Where most failed was that they didnt own the song and seemed to still be in rehearsal mode.
The judges stripped away emotions and brought Monifa to a point to prove herself all over, while giving props to Kelly whose off key but sultry notes made her broken heart song seemed even more impacting.
Most of the singers though were off key, and who wasnt was just a bit too screechy – almost like a cat drawing her claws against a closed windows at times. Ouch.
The top singers this week were the ANE trio and the K-Sis sisters. Next week the real stars will have to start shining.
Vote to keep your winner in
Nonetheless until Sunday, August 7th the votes will count for:
TEXT to vote
by texting the numbers below to the Digicel number for the singers at right.
4445501 Elton Erlington
4445503 Gifted One
4445508 Monifa Ross
NEXT DATE: Sunday, August 21, 2016
- ... qualified & experienced in journalism, creative writing, editing, the arts, art critique, paralegal, photography, teaching, research, event planning, motivational speaking, workshops for children and adults, visual arts etc. Click here for contact form. ...or email me here
- Jamaica Culture2019.08.18The Student teaches Paul Beale’s audience
- Jamaica Culture2019.08.11Jamaican Paul Beale’s ‘True Love’ touches hearts
- Of Law and Justice2019.07.03Court Management host health fair at Sutton Street location
- Of Law and Justice2019.06.26Avoid basic corruption practices while in Jamaica