The Jamaica Cultural Development Commission (JCDC), an agency of the Ministry of Culture, Gender, Entertainment and Sport, will honour the 62nd birthday of the late Dennis Brown at National Heroes Park, today Friday, February 1.
The recognition of Brown’s birthday anniversary is a highlight of Reggae Month 2019, which is being celebrated under the theme “Celebrating Reggae’s Legacy”.
Born Dennis Emmanuel Brown, the late singer remains the “Crown Prince of Reggae”, and a revered figure within the Rastafari movement. Dennis Brown’s music has been positively affecting culture and the lives of fans for decades.
- ... refers to representatives of entities such as embassies, entertainment industry, creative force whose submitted work gets published on this site. Views expressed here may not necessarily represent those of the owner of this site, but are being published in the interest of the wider public. Link me here
- Music for life2019.02.01JCDC honours Dennis Brown on 62nd birthday
- One culture from many2019.01.31JCDC festival auditions begins with Speech and Drama
- Music for life2019.01.31Elimination in nation’s gospel contest kicks off
- Special FYI News2019.01.242019 REGGAE MONTH: Multiple concerts tribute artistes