Less than two weeks after the much publicized split with brother Andrew; Dancehall & Reggae singer Wada Blood has assembled a new team of professionals to oversee the handling of his career.
His management team believes this is necessary if Wada as a solo act is going to transcend his career to that next level.
In a statement to the media the entertainer explained, “I am now on a new path musically. So being a solo act I have to take a different approach to the industry and in so doing I need people around me who understands all aspects of the business.”
Over the weekend the ‘Rastafari Way’ singer released two new singles titled ‘Weh Mi Come From’ on the MGP imprint featuring younger sibling Juju Blood and ‘My Mother’. The latter a contemporary ballad dedicated to his and all the other devoted, hardworking mothers out there. ‘My Mother’ was produced by Jay Crazie Records best known for their contribution with Reggae stalwart I-Octane.
On Monday, March 25th, Wada wrapped a two day video-shoot for ‘My Mother’, shot on location at Windward & Constant Spring Road among other locations throughout the Kingston and St. Andrew metropolis. The video depicts a tale of a son who becomes consumed by vanity and neglects his mother due to mounting tension with his significant other. The visual saga takes several twist and turns culminating with a surprising end that will be revealed upon its premier.
Meanwhile, Wada Blood is booked to appear at Western Consciousness on April 13th at the Montego Bay Sporting Complex and ‘Colour Rain’ water party on April 27th at the Rollington Town Primary School.
- ... qualified & experienced in journalism, creative writing, editing, the arts, art critique, paralegal, photography, teaching, research, event planning, motivational speaking, workshops for children and adults, visual arts etc. Click here for contact form. ...or email me here
- Of Law and Justice2020.08.03Grateful for google looking out for ‘safe browsing’
- Advertorial2020.07.312020 JAMAICA FESTIVAL: Gospel Finals time to vote
- Anthea McGibbon ART2020.07.31ANTHEA McGIBBON ART: ‘Looking’, a sketch on wall
- Of Law and Justice2020.07.292020 DIY FORM: Eviction of tenant, squatter, licensee