Come tomorrow, from 6-9, all pledges are welcome for the Haiti cause.
Yvonne McCalla Sobers, Mel Cooke, Tanya Shirley, Millicent Graham, Fabian Thomas as well as musicians DJ Sawandi, Kathy from Crimson Heart Replica and Janine Cunningham are some of the artistes to be heard. All these writers, poets and artistes will be performing free of charge to make the sacrifice of giving to the Red Cross a little lighter.
The event is in partnership with CHR productions and Chilitos. Those who have already contributed to Chilitos (64 Hope Road) will be admitted at half price. A donation of $2000 or more ensures free admission.
Additional parking will be available courtesy of Starapples at their parking lot on the corner. Cash will be accepted by Red Cross representatives at the event. After wards cheques will be accepted until Sunday, January 31.
New arrivals include Dead Yard, Committed (the new book by Elizabeth Gilbert of “Eat, Pray, Love” fame),Too Big to Fail, reorders of The Book of Night Women. The book club pick for next month is “The Help”.
On Sunday, at the Book Club, there will be discussion of Uwem Akpan’s “Say you’re one of Them”.
- ... qualified & experienced in journalism, creative writing, editing, the arts, art critique, paralegal, photography, teaching, research, event planning, motivational speaking, workshops for children and adults, visual arts etc. Click here for contact form. ...or email me here
- One culture from many2022.10.17Jamaica Opposition Mark Golding 2022 Heroes Day address
- Of Law and Justice2022.10.12Jamaica Stock Exchange is for all Jamaicans!
- Events and celebrations2022.10.03List of Digicel Rising Star winners up to 2022
- Raw and Direct2022.10.02ARE JAMAICANS prepared for artificial intelligence?