The possibility of payment for the victims is also in the overview for the Rastafari Conference, as the overview states: “Fifty years later, there are still living victims of the incident, some of whom continue to suffer the effects of that experience and could easily make justified claims for reparation, and more critically, there has never been any attempt to officially provide restitution for these people.”
The 2013 Rastafari Studies Conference’s & General Assembly slated for August 14-17 at the University of the West Indies (UWI), Mona is themed ‘Commemorating the 50th Anniversary of the Coral Gardens Massacre’. The proposed topics include:
Among the areas of focus are Rastafari and Africa; Rastafari Resistance and Social Justice (which includes testimonies, perspectives and recommendations on Coral Gardens, as well as ‘Pinnacle: The Past and Future’); Expressions of Indigeneity: Exploring an Emergent Rastafari Conception, Rastafari Organisation and Centralization: From Leonard Howell to a Millennium Council; and Rastafari Livity: Humanity’s Hope. Abstracts not exceeding 300 words and including the title of the proposed paper, a summary of its arguments and list of keywords should be submitted by May 1, 2013, to Dr Jahlani Niaah at the email address email@example.com. More information is available online at ocs.mona.uwi.edu/index.php/rsc/2013,www.facebook.com/rastafaristudiesconference and twitter.com/RastaConference.
- ... qualified & experienced in journalism, creative writing, editing, the arts, art critique, paralegal, photography, teaching, research, event planning, motivational speaking, workshops for children and adults, visual arts etc. Click here for contact form. ...or email me here
- One culture from many2022.10.17Jamaica Opposition Mark Golding 2022 Heroes Day address
- Of Law and Justice2022.10.12Jamaica Stock Exchange is for all Jamaicans!
- Events and celebrations2022.10.03List of Digicel Rising Star winners up to 2022
- Raw and Direct2022.10.02ARE JAMAICANS prepared for artificial intelligence?