He wants to rent my place without electricity

September 25th, 2017 by LegalWiz | Print He wants to rent my place without electricity

QUESTION: Dear Legal Wiz,
A man came by my house and wants to rent it. It has no electricity, but he says ell take it as is. I want to know if I should and i cant get through to the rent board. Seek the assistance of a good attorney.
Shawn Briskette

RESPONSE: Dear Shawn,
If you will consider renting that place with no electricity, you need to make every provision for the tenant to get it while they occupy it and proof that you took steps.
For example, make sure there is a letter to the Jamaica Public Service and see that he signs for that letter.
You could also consider doing a written contract signed between you both.

Legal Wiz

The above does not constitute legal advice. Inhouse senior journalists research and discuss with specialists eg attorneys-at-law, as necessary before posting responses. In conclusion, names are changed at times by request.


For attorney-support services (including research, documentation, collections, legwork, agent, property overseer, housesitter, follow ups et al) in Jamaica you may call 876-530-5744 or 305-648-6963 or simply write to legalwiz@yahoo.com to make private arrangements beyond the commitment of this mediahouse.
Critically the Legal Wiz networks professionals from fields in the interest of all Jamaicans and persons relating with Jamaicans.
Physical office is at Suite # 1, 3 South Avenue, Swallowfield, Kingston 5, Jamaica West Indies. Rates may apply. See more


Leave a Reply

Please note: Comment moderation is enabled and may delay your comment. There is no need to resubmit your comment.

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.