Court forms to recover property in Jamaica court @ 180720

This form may be used when you want to file a claim for your Jamaica property and is APPLICABLE only in parish courts

If you want to get back your property, you may consider using these forms: These forms are to be used only where you intend to file the claim in the parish court as Supreme Court is an entire different arena. These forms may be used when 1. there is a squatter in your property there is tenancy agreement, there is someone whom you gave permission to be there

This page focuses on two scenarios
A. When you want to get back your property from someone who has overstayed their welcome – whether its a tenant, squatter, relative, partner etc
B. When you want to get back your property from someone and ask for compensation for their use of your property

A. If you want your property only:
1. plaint note
2020jamaica-plaint identity-8×11-1807

2. poc recovery of possession and rent

B. If you want your property and compensation for use at the same time. These two forms can be used when there is (1) a tenancy agreement, (2) when there was no tenancy agreement:
(1) Recovery when a tenancy agreement exists
plaint note

poc recovery of possession and rent owing

(2) Recovery when no tenancy agreement exists
plaint note

poc recovery of possession and mesne profit required

PLEASE NOTE RE Jamaica COURT FORMS by Legal Wiz for getting back your property

****** When there is an agent involved the agent must file in their name, but indicate on your behalf.
Agent court forms coming soon


The above does not constitute legal advice, and are done by inhouse senior journalists, chiefly Anthea McGibbon, after research and discussion with attorneys-at-law and other specialists, as necessary. Please remember that names are changed at times by request of the person seeking information. Although articles and findings are researched, opinions offered on this site are for informational purposes only and are not intended to provide specific advice to any individual. This information is not intended to be a substitute for individualized tax, legal, or investment advice. Therefore please consider discussing your specific situation with a qualified tax, legal, or financial advisor.

For physical assistance:

For non attorney services (including research, documentation, collections, legwork, filing, artwork, follow ups) in Jamaica you may simply write to to make private arrangements beyond the commitment of this mediahouse. TEL: 876-530-5744 or 305-648-6963.
The Legal Wiz networks professionals from all fields to serve the interest of all Jamaicans and persons relating with Jamaicans.
Physical office is at Suite # 1, 3 South Avenue, Swallowfield, Kingston 5, Jamaica West Indies. Rates may apply.


Author Profile

... a team of professional experts, mostly Jamaicans, from varied fields including as priority paralegal, investigation, research, real estate, construction, arts (literary, visual, performing, culinary) and entertainment, certified Attorneys (civil and criminal law). Information is researched, then published, on this site, in the interest of the wider public.
Link me here
Click here for more about us

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.