The 2019 staging of the Jamaica Gospel Song Competition will kick of with two regional auditions, which will cover all four Jamaica Cultural Development Commission (JCDC) regions. The first regional audition, covering the Central and Eastern Regions (St. Elizabeth, Manchester, Clarendon, St. Catherine, Kingston and St. Andrew and St. Thomas) will be held at the Eastwood Park New Testament Church Hall this Friday, February 1, beginning at 10:00 am. Organized by the JCDC, an agency of the Ministry of Culture, Gender, Entertainment and Sport, this dynamic competition has been challenging writers and vocalists to become the best new gospel artiste/writer of the year by expressing themselves through an original song for over 30 years.
- ... refers to representatives of entities such as embassies, entertainment industry, creative force whose submitted work gets published on this site. Views expressed here may not necessarily represent those of the owner of this site, but are being published in the interest of the wider public. Link me here
- Music for life2019.02.01JCDC honours Dennis Brown on 62nd birthday
- One culture from many2019.01.31JCDC festival auditions begins with Speech and Drama
- Music for life2019.01.31Elimination in nation’s gospel contest kicks off
- Special FYI News2019.01.242019 REGGAE MONTH: Multiple concerts tribute artistes