Saint International is having an open call for twin models next Saturday, January 26, at the Eden Gardens in Kingston.
Deiwght Peters, head of Saint, said the search for twin model faces is part of his thrust to keep pace with trends shaping the fashion industry as well as satisfying a niche market.
“We’re in the business of fashion and it’s important for us to always be on the cusp of what’s happening, and now we’re looking to make twin fashion stars for the fashion capitals of the world,” Peters said.
Next Saturday’s Saint twin model open call starts will take place from 1 to 4 p.m. Aspirants are required to be ages 15 to 25 years old. Females must be a minimum of 5 feet 9 inches and taller, while males will be required to be 6 feet and taller. Anyone under 18 years of age attending the casting must be accompanied preferably by their parent, relative or a guardian.
“We’ll be looking twice, pun totally intended, at who could possibly be our next big stars,” Peters said.
“A few years earlier, we had twins Noella and Nicosha Arnold who worked very well internationally in the European and South African fashion markets, and currently we have twin models Shanae and Shanika Mullings who are signed to Saint and to an agency in Milan.”
Shanae, one half of the 20-year-old Mullings twins, said twin models have certain advantages.
“It is always a joy to be working in this business with not only someone who I look at as my sister but also my best friend,” Shanae said. “She knows what I’m thinking with just a look when we are on a photo shoot, and let me tell you it doesn’t get any better than this.”
Shanika concurred. “It’s like bouncing ideas off yourself … I will ask her for ideas on posing for photos even though I know she’s thinking exactly what I am thinking.”
Meanwhile, Peters said although the phenomenon of twins is a rarity in the fashion business, there are always top clients who may have a creative vision that will lead to the request for twin models.
“Influential brands such as Calvin Klein, Prada and Valentino have used twin models in their brand activation, which have catapulted them to greater success,” he said.
“For me, it’s not about what’s trendy but I believe we need to be able to provide a wide range of options to the international fashion clients that include casting agents and designers who we work with.”
– Jamaica Star
Photo by MIKI Yoshihito. (#mikiyoshihito)
- ... refers to representatives of entities such as embassies, entertainment industry, creative force whose submitted work gets published on this site. Views expressed here may not necessarily represent those of the owner of this site, but are being published in the interest of the wider public. Link me here
- General category2019.04.21Fine Art print expo on at UWI till April 28, 2019
- Embassies in Jamaica linkup2019.03.31Jamaica and World Bank team for KingstoOn animation
- Art exhibition2019.03.302019 KingstoOn Animation Fest at UTech April 5-7
- Jamaica Theatre2019.03.292019 JCDC Finals set for April 2 to May 1