Unruly tenant, on dead parents property in Jamaica

Unruly tenant, on dead parents property in Jamaica

I came across your website and I need help with an unruly tenant. Our parents died leaving a Will. I pay all the taxes from here and I am the one who put the tenant in the house. my sister in Jamaica collects the rent sometimes because the police I relied upon died. The tenant has now stopped paying the rent. Both executors of the will are dead, and all my brothers and sisters want her out.

I look forward to your reply

Kindest regards
Sean Plummer

Dear Sean,
Thanks for writing in. One of the children can take steps to get letters of administration, but the will must be submitted with that application. As you had put the tenant in, you also will need to start the steps to get her out with a notice. at the stage where you go for the summons, you may need to get letters from your living siblings. An attorney/at/law can assist you with all the stages to avoid complications.

Legal wiz


The above does not constitute legal advice, and are done by inhouse senior journalists, chiefly Anthea McGibbon, after research and discussion with attorneys-at-law and other specialists, as necessary. Please remember that names are changed at times by request of the person seeking information.

For physical assistance:

For non attorney services (incl research, documentation, collections, legwork, follow ups) in Jamaica you may simply write to legalwizwork@yahoo.com to make private arrangements beyond the commitment of this mediahouse. TEL: 876-530-5744 or 305-648-6963.
The Legal Wiz networks professionals from all fields to serve the interest of all Jamaicans and persons relating with Jamaicans.
Physical office is at Suite # 1, 3 South Avenue, Swallowfield, Kingston 5, Jamaica West Indies. Rates may apply.

Photo by Charleston’s TheDigitel

Author Profile

... a team of professional experts, mostly Jamaicans, from varied fields including as priority paralegal, investigation, research, real estate, construction, arts (literary, visual, performing, culinary) and entertainment, certified Attorneys (civil and criminal law). Information is researched, then published, on this site, in the interest of the wider public.
Link me here
Click here for more about us

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.