Tell me what will happen when the PNP of Jamaica replaces the JLP! What of the visions great visions, that the politicians started to work on… Will they be deferred, put down for a rest – WHAT THEN?
In Jamaica, there exists a culture even among heads of government we sometimes call CRAB-in-a barrel. One culture, but a variety of expressions. When one party comes in, they first order of business, and I do say it happens more frequent with the PNP Peoples National Party to suddenly produce all kinds of records to belittle what the other party was doing. AND of course in true Jamaica Labour Party style, there hardly is ever any opposition, if any whether they become Opposition, or dare say become the ruling party again.
Well I dare offer challenge to PNP and any ruling party to make criticisms, bring forth records, but with diligence. On the other hand, can we see some grassroot Opposition. To be fair, it appears Andrew Holness and ‘Babsy’ grange has got the ball-a-rolling.
But seriously make it an open public debate that lasts productively for even the common man to understand this time around.
There are some changes Audrey Marks resigning(as JA Ambassador to USA), Anthony Johnson being replaced by Aloun Assamba(as British High Commission), and Lord knows whats more to come.
I am waiting with bated breathe and of course for a chance to be a good team player.
However I must leave a poem for all who will continue reading to see where I am going with this….
After all in my opinion, PNP was always great with promoting our sports, while JLP was great in promoting our culture. As noted above, Lisa Hanna, new Minister of Culture has openly flogged JLP over their last administration in this area. See more at THIS LINK. I look forward to what she does as a ‘newby’ literally.
A DREAM DEFERRED
What happens to a dream deferred?
Does it dry up
like a raisin in the sun?
Or fester like a sore–
And then run?
Does it stink like rotten meat?
Or crust and sugar over–
like a syrupy sweet?
Maybe it just sags
like a heavy load.
Or does it explode?
by Langston Hughes, American Poet, born on this date in 1902
- ... qualified & experienced in journalism, creative writing, editing, the arts, art critique, paralegal, photography, teaching, research, event planning, motivational speaking, workshops for children and adults, visual arts etc. Click here for contact form. ...or email me here
- One culture from many2022.10.17Jamaica Opposition Mark Golding 2022 Heroes Day address
- Of Law and Justice2022.10.12Jamaica Stock Exchange is for all Jamaicans!
- Events and celebrations2022.10.03List of Digicel Rising Star winners up to 2022
- Raw and Direct2022.10.02ARE JAMAICANS prepared for artificial intelligence?