Dear Art to Heart,
Please advise me on contracts that can be drawn between a visual artist and a gallery?
Sonjah, St Elizabeth, Jamaica
Dear Sonjah of St Elizabeth, Jamaica Basically, there are three types of contracts which an artist can enter into with a gallery.
1. Artist/Gallery Exhibition Agreement
2. Artist/Gallery consignment agreement
3. Artist/Gallery long term representation agreement
(a) Exhibition Agreement between artists and gallery, and which relates to a one-off exhibition being mounted by the gallery for the artist;
(b) Consignment Agreement between artist and gallery which sets out the essential terms on which work is consigned by the artist to the gallery; and
(c) Long-term Representative Agreement where the gallery intends to develop a long-term relationship with an artist, which will normally include exhibitions but may also include holding an artist
- ... qualified & experienced in journalism, creative writing, editing, the arts, art critique, paralegal, photography, teaching, research, event planning, motivational speaking, workshops for children and adults, visual arts etc. Click here for contact form. ...or email me here
- One culture from many2022.10.17Jamaica Opposition Mark Golding 2022 Heroes Day address
- Of Law and Justice2022.10.12Jamaica Stock Exchange is for all Jamaicans!
- Events and celebrations2022.10.03List of Digicel Rising Star winners up to 2022
- Raw and Direct2022.10.02ARE JAMAICANS prepared for artificial intelligence?