On August 28th, 2016, while the twins TNT gracefully left the 13th staging of the Digicel Rising Stars Monifa Ross ruled the Rock night. Kelly was also outvoted and had to say goodbye although in her own words in the chill room she admitted that she would have voted against herself too. Ahh!
Either Chynn or Gifted One might find themselves at the bottom of the voters’ count, as they both were on loose footing on the rock night. Aside from missing a few noted, Gifted One did not do justice to the Jamaican favourite ‘Just As I am’ which is made for the tenor voice. Guest judge Kurt Riley already surmised that he might have been scared to express himself. Chynn, although releasing sweet sounds was far from convincing in her moves which were disconnected from the song, and a distraction from the impact of her sounds quite frankly.
Elton Erlington redeemed himself and in his powerful tenor rendered When I see your face.
The fact that Monifa chose a song by Jamaican Tessane Chin gave her thumbs up, but the sixteen year old did more in injecting new energy and moves, that invited even a standing applause. Quite sure Tessane would be proud from wherever she is.
ANE played safe with ‘I love Rock and Roll’ and did rock the audience perfectly.
Vote to keep your winner in
Nonetheless until Sunday, September 4th the votes will count for:
TEXT to vote by texting the numbers below to the Digicel number for the singers at right.
4445501 Elton Erlington
4445504 Gifted One
4445505 Monifa Ross
NEXT DATE: Sunday, September 4th, 2016 with two performances per contestant.
- ... qualified & experienced in journalism, creative writing, editing, the arts, art critique, paralegal, photography, teaching, research, event planning, motivational speaking, workshops for children and adults, visual arts etc. Click here for contact form. ...or email me here
- One culture from many2022.10.17Jamaica Opposition Mark Golding 2022 Heroes Day address
- Of Law and Justice2022.10.12Jamaica Stock Exchange is for all Jamaicans!
- Events and celebrations2022.10.03List of Digicel Rising Star winners up to 2022
- Raw and Direct2022.10.02ARE JAMAICANS prepared for artificial intelligence?