Just under 200 model hopefuls are set to take to the runway tomorrow Sunday aiming to be one of the world’s supermodels. The 2012 finals of the Caribbean Model Search by local model agency Pulse, will sizzle in the ballroom at the Wyndham Kingston Hotel. This year the theme is ‘Fire’.
According to head of Pulse Kingsley Cooper this theme has been chosen “as the new faces are bearers of the CMS flame”, which has discovered many a pulse face including Jeneil Williams, Oraine Barrett, Kimberly Mais, Jaunel McKenzie,and Romae Gordon.
This year, 20 men are competing for the Male Face category; 85 females for the Miss Jamaica Fashion Model title; while 60 petites and eight full-figured models are up for the top spots in their respective categories.
Pulse notes that last year’s winners have already been making moves towards their modelling careers.
Fashion model winner Fiona Davis has shot for Italian Vogue. Male Face winner Adam Fernandez is signed to boss Models and Pulse says he has been offered representation in Milan and Paris. Full-figured Jessica Myers has been offered a contract, a first for a plus sized Jamaican model, while petite winner Ameala Kirlew is said to be weighing her options based on favourable responses.
Cooper notes that for Sunday’s show additional entertainment will be provided by comedy duo Ity and Fancy Cat. This will be boosted by a performance by ‘Certified Diva’ female deejay Tifa.
The contestants will showcase fashions by a number of local designers and fashion houses including The Mushroom, KAJ, Mutamba, Ites International, Kerry Kay, Shenna Carby, Biggy and Drenna Luna.
- ... qualified & experienced in journalism, creative writing, editing, the arts, art critique, paralegal, photography, teaching, research, event planning, motivational speaking, workshops for children and adults, visual arts etc. Click here for contact form. ...or email me here
- Jamaica Culture2019.08.18The Student teaches Paul Beale’s audience
- Jamaica Culture2019.08.11Jamaican Paul Beale’s ‘True Love’ touches hearts
- Of Law and Justice2019.07.03Court Management host health fair at Sutton Street location
- Of Law and Justice2019.06.26Avoid basic corruption practices while in Jamaica