I want my Jamaican doctor to sign for me

March 13th, 2017 by LegalWiz | Print I want my Jamaican doctor to sign for me

QUESTION: Dear Legal Wiz,
I am over here in the US, but I need to apply for a TRN to do some business back in Jamaica. The only person I can rely on is my doctor. I want to know if I can get him to sign for me or not on the application papers.
Mitzie Williams

RESPONSE: Dear Mitzie,
Nobody can represent you in signing on your behalf unless they have been given a power of attorney instrument. In your case however, you are better off applying for the TRN online and then relying on the doctor to submit the form for you, once you send it to him. After the card is ready, you can ask that person to collect it for you.
When the application is submitted, a number will be processed for you.
Legal Wiz


The above does not constitute legal advice. Inhouse senior journalists research and discuss with specialists eg attorneys-at-law, as necessary before posting responses. In conclusion, names are changed at times by request.


For attorney-support services (including research, documentation, collections, legwork, agent, property overseer, housesitter, follow ups et al) in Jamaica you may call 876-530-5744 or 305-648-6963 or simply write to legalwiz@yahoo.com to make private arrangements beyond the commitment of this mediahouse.
Critically the Legal Wiz networks professionals from fields in the interest of all Jamaicans and persons relating with Jamaicans.
Physical office is at Suite # 1, 3 South Avenue, Swallowfield, Kingston 5, Jamaica West Indies. Rates may apply. See more


Leave a Reply

Please note: Comment moderation is enabled and may delay your comment. There is no need to resubmit your comment.

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.