QUESTION: Dear Legal Wiz,
I saw where a woman was killed after taking squatters to court. I heard that another man was killed, and he was from my area. I have been in hiding in my living room for over twenty years.
A mechanic is on my property and refuses to pay me rent. His friends next door holler out that they will kill me, when I go out.
I am not working now, and I need some money. I live in terrible conditions in my home which has no light because of squatters in my Jamaica home. HELP!! I used to take light from the mechanic’s solar equipment, but I stopped after he started getting aggressive.
The police told me to take him to Court, but the court is telling me to get him off totally, not just the building he uses.
RESPONSE: Dear Annabel,
Your report seems incomplete.
Here are some suggestions:
1. Its best in situations like yours to use an attorney or agent.
Make sure you always have visitors at several different times of day. The more the merrier and if you can get male persons to stay over, even better.
2. The Court can assist you to get a summons without a notice. Once you start legal proceedings, make sure you get qualified persons involved especially pertaining to your security.
3. The police can help with monitoring the house, and safety in different ways.Go to the Inspector in charge of the station and discuss your concerns. Make sure you do a proper report and if necessary a statement to begin criminal charges.
The above does not constitute legal advice. Inhouse senior journalists research and discuss with specialists eg attorneys-at-law, as necessary before posting responses. In conclusion, names are changed at times by request.
FOR PHYSICAL WORK:
For attorney-support services (including research, documentation, collections, legwork, agent, property overseer, housesitter, follow ups et al) in Jamaica you may call 876-530-5744 or 305-648-6963 or simply write to email@example.com to make private arrangements beyond the commitment of this mediahouse.
Critically the Legal Wiz networks professionals from fields in the interest of all Jamaicans and persons relating with Jamaicans.
Physical office is at Suite # 1, 3 South Avenue, Swallowfield, Kingston 5, Jamaica West Indies. Rates may apply. See more
Photo by iquanyin2
... a team of professional experts, mostly Jamaicans, from varied fields including as priority paralegal, investigation, research, real estate, construction, arts (literary, visual, performing, culinary) and entertainment, certified Attorneys (civil and criminal law). Information is researched, then published, on this site, in the interest of the wider public.
Link me here
Click here for more about us
- Questions: Legal Wiz2020.02.17I need to report the Jamaican judge who threw out my case and POA
- Questions: Legal Wiz2020.02.10Do I need to probate the Will in JA, can I use an agent with POA
- Questions: Legal Wiz2020.02.03I paid for Formal Order, need refund as persons moved out
- Questions: Legal Wiz2020.01.13Can I give my business tenant a two weeks notice to move out