Sister taking over ‘ded lef’ – my siblings and I need a lawyer

Sister taking over ‘ded lef’ – my siblings and I need a lawyer

QUESTION: Dear Legal Wiz
My mom died in Jamaica recently she left a home no will six children. We were all in Jamaica and we all agree to leave the home for all to visit when necessary one sister who reside in England and was the last to leave Jamaica has gone ahead and change locks on the house. Rent the property with all proceeds going to her this was never discussed and would like to get her to cease and desist this action.
I presently reside in Canada and so does another sister we are both appalled and definately seeking a stop on this.
I plan to visit Jamaica soon and would like to meet with you to plan action.
Do I need letter from my sister in Canada supporting our unison in action.

Looking forward to your speedy reply thanks.


RESPONSE: Dear Burk,
There is no need to plan to meet for an action plan. Based on research, you need to do the following or get the same done. Our team can assist for a fee, and meetings are likley whenever and where you rely on us.
– Research whether she has started any application for administrative rights in the Court
– Research whether she is paying taxes
– You will need documented consent from your siblings, the earlier the better.
– Examine the possibility of applying for an injunction or a freeze order against her.
Legal Wiz


The above does not constitute or replace professional legal advice.
The responses to the varied submitted questions are drafted by our inhouse journalist, after research and consultations with attornies-at-law and other relating experts in their fields. It is not to be assumed therefore that all members of the Legal Wiz team are trained and practicing attornies-at-law, realtors, investigators, but being a part of the network such personnel utilise their skills for the success of all.
Contact the team at 530-5744

Author Profile

... a team of professional experts, mostly Jamaicans, from varied fields including as priority paralegal, investigation, research, real estate, construction, arts (literary, visual, performing, culinary) and entertainment, certified Attorneys (civil and criminal law). Information is researched, then published, on this site, in the interest of the wider public.
Link me here
Click here for more about us

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.