Aunt hunts my proof of tax payments untitled Jamaica land, I want title

November 12th, 2018 by LegalWiz | Print Aunt hunts my proof of tax payments untitled Jamaica land, I want title

QUESTION: Dear Legal Wiz,
My situation is I am living on a piece of land that belongs to my grandparents,but they have no paper to say its their’s although they claim was given as a gift.
I’ve been paying a portion of the tax and I get a receipt with my name over the years… BUT now my aunt in America wants me to hand over the payment to my uncle, instead of paying the money at the tax office.

RESPONSE: Dear Letty
If there is no title, anyone can who is residing on the land apply for it. The priority will be given to the one who applies first and can prove he/she pays taxes. Receipts are therefore necessary, and it seems you alone was clearing the debt. Consider getting an attorney-at-law. Be guided.
Legal Wiz


The above does not constitute or replace professional legal advice.
The responses to the varied submitted questions are drafted by our inhouse journalist, after research and consultations with attornies-at-law and other relating experts in their fields. It is not to be assumed therefore that all members of the Legal Wiz team are trained and practicing attornies-at-law, realtors, investigators, but being a part of the network such personnel utilise their skills for the success of all.
Contact the team at 876-530-5744


Leave a Reply

Please note: Comment moderation is enabled and may delay your comment. There is no need to resubmit your comment.

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.