I need to add my their fathers name to birth certificate

October 31st, 2018 by LegalWiz | Print I need to add my their fathers name to birth certificate

QUESTION: Dear Legal Wiz,
I would like to add my surname that is on my birth certificate to my children’s BC I have registered them using my mother’s maiden name which is not on my BC how can I go about changing them thank you.

RESPONSE: Dear Moriana
Forms re correction of error needs to be done. The fathers signature is required to complete said forms as well.
However if the father is deceased, it must go through the family court.
Legal Wiz


The above does not constitute or replace professional legal advice.
The responses to the varied submitted questions are drafted by our inhouse journalist, after research and consultations with attornies-at-law and other relating experts in their fields. It is not to be assumed therefore that all members of the Legal Wiz team are trained and practicing attornies-at-law, realtors, investigators, but being a part of the network such personnel utilise their skills for the success of all.
Contact the team at 530-5744


Leave a Reply

Please note: Comment moderation is enabled and may delay your comment. There is no need to resubmit your comment.

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.