Tenant migrates, I need her daughter out of uncles home

October 2nd, 2017 by LegalWiz | Print Tenant migrates, I need her daughter out of uncles home

QUESTION: Dear Legal Wiz,
My uncle allows me to rent his house while he lives in UK. The tenant migrated and didnt tell me and now her daughter wont come out. I have not received any rent for over three months.
Shelly Amos

RESPONSE: Dear Shelly,
If you visit the court nearest to the property, you will get help in obtaining a summons to get her out. The first thing you should do is to give her a notice.
By the way, please make sure you have a power of attorney instrument from your uncle that is registered with the government of Jamaica, before you do anything.

Legal Wiz

The above does not constitute legal advice. Inhouse senior journalists research and discuss with specialists eg attorneys-at-law, as necessary before posting responses. In conclusion, names are changed at times by request.


For attorney-support services (including research, documentation, collections, legwork, agent, property overseer, housesitter, follow ups et al) in Jamaica you may call 876-530-5744 or 305-648-6963 or simply write to legalwiz@yahoo.com to make private arrangements beyond the commitment of this mediahouse.
Critically the Legal Wiz networks professionals from fields in the interest of all Jamaicans and persons relating with Jamaicans.
Physical office is at Suite # 1, 3 South Avenue, Swallowfield, Kingston 5, Jamaica West Indies. Rates may apply. See more


Leave a Reply

Please note: Comment moderation is enabled and may delay your comment. There is no need to resubmit your comment.

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.