The area of photography unknown to many persons, is very wide, as much as the parts on a camera. Nonetheless it fits in a wide range from commercial to fine art, and includes still, digital, and, moving shots.
Photography is definitely not just about pointing and shooting, that is, if you move beyond experimenting with the features of the camera.
Photography in its truest sense is really painting with light, with your camera as your paintbrush, and the film, as your canvas, when likened to a painter.
Each frame counts as being worth more than 1,000 words, to someone, even if its not that in worth to you.
In other articles, the areas of photography will be explored individually, however it can be classified as follows.
Be aware that the salary range also is enormously wide and determined by factors such as time, session, equipment, degree of difficulty to capture subject.
General Art Technician
Evidence & Legal Photography
General Digital Imaging
Freelance General Photgrapher
High School Seniors and other packages
General Stock Photography
General Sports Photography
General Video Production
Commn to all areas
These areas are common to just about all areas of photography:
To break down the career of photography further as per demographic Information, each category can be further detailed according to the following list, as supplied by the Professional Photographers of America.(Portrait Studio (Includes Fine Arts)
Freelance Photographer, Primarily Portrait /Wedding Events
Freelance Photographer, Primarily Commercial/Industrial
Business/Industrial Firm With In-House Photo Dept.
Commercial photo Lab/Lab Services
(Press/Media/Agency/Stock Photo House
Even further, here are a few areas as you explore where the skill of photographers could possibly be needed.
Portraiture: Family, School
Website imaging such as for backgrounds
Forensic science esp photographing dead bodies etc for police records or as evidence
Media worker or as a photojournalist
Microfilm for records
Public Relation firms
- ... qualified & experienced in journalism, creative writing, editing, the arts, art critique, paralegal, photography, teaching, research, event planning, motivational speaking, workshops for children and adults, visual arts etc. Click here for contact form. ...or email me here
- Questions: Legal Wiz2020.04.06JAMAICA COVID-19 WATCH: Keep safe mentally and physically at Court
- Jamaica Covid-19 Watch2020.04.05JAMAICA COVID-19 WATCH: Lessons from Spanish Flu
- Special FYI News2020.04.04JAMAICA COVID-19 WATCH: How Coronavirus works your body down so…
- Jamaica Covid-19 Watch2020.03.27JAMAICA COVID-19 WATCH: Super job by our civil Parish Judge