ALL JAMAICAN ARTISTS (visual, literary, performing, culinary), once conditions are met, are being invited to show and offer works at Iberostar. It’s ‘Jamaica GALLEUSEUM-in-the-making’! SWEET JAMAICA – priority theme expressed!
At Iberostar, Rose Hall, over 3,000 new guests per week indulge in:
1. Artworks shown and sold at Suite Jamaica, Gallery of Fine Arts
2. ‘Art to Heart’ display of prints and photographs with option to order originals or buy works shown
3. Art Eye Jamaican – regular scheduled exhibitions for exposing artists
4. Specially-designed workshops or demonstrations by visual and performing artists
5. Special readings by poets, authors; and other slated performances
6. Opportunity is also there for promotion of products and services relating, on conditions applicable
7. Promotions catalogue of Jamaican artists (open to other art forms such as interior designing, architecture etc)
8. Features on themselves
Gallery Curator Anthea McGibbon says the overriding objectives by both hotel and management are
a. exposing and selling artworks by Jamaica artists, b. earning funding for projects of OAaSIS Foundation, while c. enabling Jamaican artists to earn from their skills. As a main benefit to the Iberostar hotel, international visitors have a piece of Jamaica to take home without leaving premises, while they learn of Jamaican artists and culture, and indulge in workshops on the Jamaica arts.
She says that since the unofficial opening, guests request services such as sketching, facepainting, studio visits, and actual hands on workshops. “A timetable is being drafted wherein visitors can schedule and participate in theoretical and practical workshops.”
Here’s how ANY Jamaican artist CAN apply –
AS PRIORITY, a compulsary
Hi, I represent the Suite Jamaica Gallery of Fine Arts, now at several locations across Jamaica and on to world spots. Spots include Gran Bahia Principe, local banks, private homes, real estate offices. I mostly tell what is happening with this gallery, arts, as it relates to the island and visitors. Artist, client or no.. come aboard - we're always expecting you. In the meantime stay connected read all about it here in this section!
Link me here