The four days of Easter are celebrated by all Jamaicans, whether it is part of their religion or not. However, the majority of the population is Christian, Baptist being the most predominant religion.
“The significance of this church in Jamaica’s history is
attested to by the fact that three of seven National Heroes
were Baptists. The Baptist church was brought to Jamaica
by American ex-slaves who, like the white Loyalists, had
settled in the island after the American War of Independence”
Encyclopedia of Jamaican History. (Olive Senior)
Join Backyardlabrish radio show as we share interesting facts about one of the most illustrious,
Rev George Liele, and other missionaries who helped former British slaves establish themselves in Free Villages after emancipation.
The Labrish is live 8:00PM Thur: 3/29/12 in the Backyard where we Celebrate, Enlighten, & reserve the rich diverse culture of: Jamaica ‘Land We Love’.
To join the ‘Labrish’ and share your Easter story 8:00PM Thur 3/29/12. Call: 718-766-4558 or Click on the link below.
- ... qualified & experienced in journalism, creative writing, editing, the arts, art critique, paralegal, photography, teaching, research, event planning, motivational speaking, workshops for children and adults, visual arts etc. Click here for contact form. ...or email me here
- Jamaica Tutor, Education2021.01.16PEP ‘mental ability’ test practice links
- General category2020.11.28Jamaica Eviction Notice form book with guideline available
- Of Law and Justice2020.08.03Grateful for google looking out for ‘safe browsing’
- Advertorial2020.07.312020 JAMAICA FESTIVAL: Gospel Finals time to vote