For Jamaicans living away from home, there is now a team of legal leg workers to take care of their minor errands back home on the island. Led by journalist Anthea McGibbon, the team offers legal process and private investigative services to professionals locally and internationally. She herself has paralegal training and experience, making her qualified to perform some tasks.
Tasks that are beyond her call are passed on to relevant members of the team.
Catering to professionals such as Attorneys, Title Agencies, Realtors, Medical Facilities, Banks, Corporate Jamaica and members of the General Public, the team works to deliver, process or complete projects quickly and efficiently for those short on time or staff. The team aims to assist the general public especially those living abroad in resolving their problems.
Anthea McGibbon is a well-rounded and multi-skilled journalist and artist, which she believes are both complimentary to the legal world, and fit for a wide variety of clients. Also with paralegal training, her own media website www.antheamcgibbon.com highlights arts, culture, creativity, law and spirituality which in her experience are interlocked in the fabric of life.
She says the team in no way replaces an attorney or any other specialist, but rather compliments and assists in speedier processing.
- ghost writing
- draft and file documents
- draft and serve notice to quit premises
- prepare summons and service
- minimum private investigations
- correspond with clients, counsel, and others on factual matters
- act with power of attorney
- note taking at a trial
- assisting to make bail arrangements
- research facts
- media and pr relations
- photographs as evidence
- documents preparation/drafting
- filing of documents
- prepare patent and/or trademark status summary reports
- process serving
- source experts as needed
- project management
- general legal legwork
- general leg work
The time has come for Jamaicans to unite in assisting in solutions to challenges faced by Jamaicans on a whole. The Court system is one place to start as with more persons having a better understanding and grassroot assistance, challenges such as mistrust of attorneys-at-law and backlog can be drastically reduced according to Anthea McGibbon.
... a team of professional experts, mostly Jamaicans, from varied fields including as priority paralegal, investigation, research, real estate, construction, arts (literary, visual, performing, culinary) and entertainment, certified Attorneys (civil and criminal law). Information is researched, then published, on this site, in the interest of the wider public.
Link me here
Click here for more about us
- Questions: Legal Wiz2019.03.18Unruly tenant, on dead parents property in Jamaica
- Of Law and Justice2019.03.04It’s called stealing.. even if you downloaded from the Internet
- Questions: Legal Wiz2019.02.25I need a rental agent and a Jamaica attorney-at-law!
- Questions: Legal Wiz2019.02.18Mom, a joint land owner dies, children seek piece