“Kudos to George Scott for his expression on what it means to be Jamaican. His cites the Evan Jones poem “The Song of the Banana Man” – in reflecting on the places and things of his own familiar past… as one of the first attempts by any Jamaican to use the Jamaican Creole in a way that it could have universal understanding” – Jamlink.com
George Scott is Former headmaster and owner of Scotts Jamaican bakery in Hartford, Connecticut
Of course another person who makes all Jamaicans proud and stirs much interest is Harry Belafonte. A singer from another generation, but his songs keep one current and connected with Jamaica. Connect to him and his songs on yout tube.
- ... qualified & experienced in journalism, creative writing, editing, the arts, art critique, paralegal, photography, teaching, research, event planning, motivational speaking, workshops for children and adults, visual arts etc. Click here for contact form. ...or email me here
- General category2020.11.28Jamaica Eviction Notice form book with guideline available
- Of Law and Justice2020.08.03Grateful for google looking out for ‘safe browsing’
- Advertorial2020.07.312020 JAMAICA FESTIVAL: Gospel Finals time to vote
- Anthea McGibbon ART2020.07.31ANTHEA McGIBBON ART: ‘Looking’, a sketch on wall