The World Evangelical Alliance (WEA) appreciates the unified effort of the respected scholars who have issued the Marrakesh Declaration, and their desire to fight extremism and violence as a crime against the whole of mankind.
“We appreciate the fact that Muslim authorities from all over the world are committed to taking a stand in favor of the protection of religious minorities in Muslim majority countries. Autonomy and freedom of religion are of the utmost importance in order to keep peace within human societies,” Bp Efraim Tendero, Secretary General of the WEA said.
“Guaranteeing the same political and cultural rights for all religious and ethnic groups in a country means safeguarding and promoting peace and understanding. We especially recommend that this statement be studied by political as well as religious decision makers in all countries of the Middle East and Asia, with their many multi-ethnic and multi-religious societies,” Bp Tendero continued, adding that “from its very beginning in 1846, fighting for religious freedom for all religious groups (not only for Christians) has been a foundational principle of the WEA, which offers friendly cooperation to anyone who helps to establish religious freedom anywhere in the world.”
The text of the Marrakesh Declaration and information about the conference can be found at www.marrakeshdeclaration.org.
- ... qualified & experienced in journalism, creative writing, editing, the arts, art critique, paralegal, photography, teaching, research, event planning, motivational speaking, workshops for children and adults, visual arts etc. Click here for contact form. ...or email me here
- Raw and Direct2021.03.28Pastor, Jamaica christians protest PM lockdown order, WHY….
- Letters From Readers2021.03.09Jamaica Police above the law, NO WAY!
- Raw and Direct2021.01.25Happy memories for homeless men slain in downtown Jamaica
- Jamaica Tutor, Education2021.01.16PEP ‘mental ability’ test practice links