So now that you have described the artwork for even a blind person to know what it looks like, you should have taken your time to analyze it to see how it was created.
The next step is INTERPRETATION before we give our judgement.
Here are some artwork and guiding questions follow
Time to determine and understand WHY the artist really did the work. Students should be led through three main stages>
1. What is the main idea. Discuss what the work means. Whats the message being sent, or being received.
2. In one sentence, can students express what they think the work is all about.
3. Then allow them to discuss what is the evidence in the artwork that makes brings one to the conclusion of what the artist was trying to communicate.
Art Criticism and Formal Anaylsis here
Terry’s Principles of Interpretation link up
- ... qualified & experienced in journalism, creative writing, editing, the arts, art critique, paralegal, photography, teaching, research, event planning, motivational speaking, workshops for children and adults, visual arts etc. Click here for contact form. ...or email me here
- One culture from many2022.10.17Jamaica Opposition Mark Golding 2022 Heroes Day address
- Of Law and Justice2022.10.12Jamaica Stock Exchange is for all Jamaicans!
- Events and celebrations2022.10.03List of Digicel Rising Star winners up to 2022
- Raw and Direct2022.10.02ARE JAMAICANS prepared for artificial intelligence?