- ... qualified & experienced in journalism, creative writing, editing, the arts, art critique, paralegal, photography, teaching, research, event planning, motivational speaking, workshops for children and adults, visual arts etc. Click here for contact form. ...or email me here
- One culture from many2022.10.17Jamaica Opposition Mark Golding 2022 Heroes Day address
- Of Law and Justice2022.10.12Jamaica Stock Exchange is for all Jamaicans!
- Events and celebrations2022.10.03List of Digicel Rising Star winners up to 2022
- Raw and Direct2022.10.02ARE JAMAICANS prepared for artificial intelligence?
3 thoughts on “Artful chat with Ja painter Barry Watson inspires ‘student’”
What contribution did Eugene Hyde delivered to the art development in Jamaica ? note he was omitted from the fundamental group mentioned as developers of art in Jamaica.
Also David Boxer and others!
Thanks for your communication. Please remember that the list is always going to be a work in progress. It is very open to suggestions, and of course all suggestions will be investigated. An attempt is however being made to create a balance through this website, at the very least.
It has been my observation in my tenure as a journalist, critic and artist, over the years that different persons promote those they are exposed to or rather choose to represent their interest. However acting towards the wider national benefit, I am from research, interviews, recommendations etc compiling a list with proper references for especially students to learn about most if not all who have been critical.
For too long we overlook Jamaican visual artists who have done a world of good, while promting those who come to our shores and although are critical has not been as critical. So please keep us challenged and communicating for the wider good. Further, David Boxer I am sure is on the list, if for nothing else as a relevant curator of the National Gallery past and present.
Comments are closed.