Bookophilia’s month’s book club meeting will feature “The Boy In The Suitcase”, a favourite from November 2011. The book “The Boy In The Suitcase” by Lene Kaaberbøl & Agnete Friis, is currently listed on favourite Scandinavian Mystery/ Thrillers.
The event is slated for Sunday, June 24, 2012 from 2:30pm until 4:30pm. Fellow book-lovers can indulge in a great discussion about books. Complimentary wine will be available!
ABOUT THE NOVEL
Nina Borg, a Red Cross nurse, wife, and mother of two, is a compulsive do-gooder who can’t say no when someone asks for help—even when she knows better. When her estranged friend Karin leaves her a key to a public locker in the Copenhagen train station, Nina gets suckered into her most dangerous project yet. Inside the locker is a suitcase, and inside the suitcase is a three-year-old boy: naked and drugged, but alive.
Is the boy a victim of child trafficking? Can he be turned over to authorities, or will they only return him to whoever sold him? When Karin is discovered brutally murdered, Nina realizes that her life and the boy’s are in jeopardy, too. In an increasingly desperate trek across Denmark, Nina tries to figure out who the boy is, where he belongs, and who exactly is trying to hunt him down.
- ... qualified & experienced in journalism, creative writing, editing, the arts, art critique, paralegal, photography, teaching, research, event planning, motivational speaking, workshops for children and adults, visual arts etc. Click here for contact form. ...or email me here
- General Releases2019.06.14Thank You on the 10th year anniversary of antheamcgibbon.com
- Letters From Readers2019.05.05Dear Jamaica’s PNP Head Peter Phillips
- Raw and Direct2019.05.05Jamaica cop feels aim of rogue cops, time to think!
- Anthea McGibbon ART2019.04.28Art by Anthea McGibbon April 20-27, 2019