Written by Dennis Roy Craig
I have never learnt the names of flowers.
From beginning, my world has been a place
Of pot-holed streets where thick, sluggish gutters race
In slow time, away from garbage heaps and sewers
Past blanched old houses around which cowers
Stagnant earth. There, scarce green thing grew to chase
The dull-grey squalor of sick dust; no trace
Of plant save few sparse weeds; just these, no flowers.
One day, they cleared a space and made a park
There in the city’s slums; and suddenly
Came stark glory like lighting in the dark,
While perfume and bright petals thundered slowly.
I learnt no names, but hue, shape and scent mark
My mind, even now, with symbols holy.
DENNIS CRAIG born in 1929 died in 2004.Photo by Nouhailler
- .... a team of herbalist with experience in Jamaican herbology and proven record of their recommended cures using plants, herbs, fruits naturally grown in Jamaica. They are not necessarily trained medical doctors and recommend that consultation be had especially if prescribed medication. Click here to contact me. ...or email me here
- Jamaica Herbalist2019.08.13Amazing tips on dog blood bush from Jamaicans
- Jamaica Herbalist2019.08.06Contacting Jamaica Herbalist as at August 6th 2019
- Jamaica Herbalist2019.04.23I need to conceive, do I use dog blood?
- Jamaica Herbalist2019.01.29In need of Jamaica herbs to cleanse my system to have baby