So at last the pfizer vaccine has been approved by FDA, sending scores of Jamaicans rambling for a jab, 1,2 and maybe a third. However in two days reports from worldwide are now revealing that vaccines first thought as the best, are losing their battle against the strains of Covid-19.
This Reuters article speaks on a New Zealand woman dying after her first pfizer jab. But, this is rare as rare as her heart condition which raced after the jab. That was two days ago, August 29, 2021, and there is still hope yet.
On August 31, 2021, however, theStar article reveals results of a study drawn from more than 1.2 million test results and participants.
According to theStar, the reported study claims that the “Pfizer/BioNTech jab was 88% effective a month after the second dose, but protection fell to 74% after five to six months, according to the latest analysis of data from the Zoe Covid Study.”
Additionally, “Protection from the AstraZeneca/Oxford vaccine fell from 77% one month after a second dose to 67% after four to five months.”
The study and revelation comes as WHO slams countries administering second jabs to encourage full vaccination, while some countries are yet to receive one dose.
so far it seems, vaccination will be a must and with repeated jabs periodically, be it five or six months to actually stay vaccinated.
As for Jamaicans, vaccinated or not… mask up everytime, but remember to grab Jamaican herbs to lower the risk of Covid danger!
Some herbs found locally are:
herbs with multivitamins
vitamin D sourcing herbs
DONT FORGET TO:
Please remember that additionally exercise is a must as much as drinking lots of water.
rest, exercise, mask up and social distance.
- ... qualified & experienced in journalism, creative writing, editing, the arts, art critique, paralegal, photography, teaching, research, event planning, motivational speaking, workshops for children and adults, visual arts etc. Click here for contact form. ...or email me here
- One culture from many2022.10.17Jamaica Opposition Mark Golding 2022 Heroes Day address
- Of Law and Justice2022.10.12Jamaica Stock Exchange is for all Jamaicans!
- Events and celebrations2022.10.03List of Digicel Rising Star winners up to 2022
- Raw and Direct2022.10.02ARE JAMAICANS prepared for artificial intelligence?