OAaSIS International Foundation headquarted in Jamaica, welcomed the arrival of its patron, Mr W Henry Eccleston, from New York. Mr Eccleston arrived on Friday, June 17, 2011.
While in Jamaica, his tour will include visits to the library at Sargeantville, St Catherine being established and maintained by OAaSIS volunteers, schools with OAaSIS partnerships, Trench Town Culture Yard.
As a visual artist hailing from Trench Town during the Bob Marley era, Eccleston’s featured catalogue on ‘The Trench Town Tenemant Yard’ experience will be presented to selected persons.
His tour officially began on Saturday with a welcome party, and is tightlipped about a special project that will benefit the entire Jamaica soon. He did however hint at it involving artists.
TOP SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENTS of SIR W HENRY ECCLESTON, a Jamaican:
1. Graduate From The Jamaica School of Art- Edna Manley School of the Visual and Performing Arts.
2. Represented in the Jamaica National Museum with work ‘Lovers Meditation’. Exhibited abroad with the Jamaica Tourist Board Exhibition to Chicago 1973.
3. Featured in the 1973 and 1974 issues of the Jamaica Journal.
4. Held first one-man exhibition at the basement gallery Jamaica School of Art at North Street.
5. Mrs. Edna Manley purchased first piece of work in 1974 from first exhibition.
6. Winner of the Edna Manley Award for Excellence in the Arts in 1988.
7. In 1974 Did advance studies at Pratt Institute, New York University School of Continuing Education,The New School and Gotham Work Shop Poetry Division. Several Group exhibition abroad.
8. Past president of The Association of Caribbean and American artists.
9. Owner of Interventional Arts International Inc. dba:( i art i gallery).
10. Written up in the New York Daily News in 2003.
11. Featured in The Jamaica Gleaner, and, in many local papers in the USA.
12. A public speaker, Lecturer, lecturing in colleges at Gettysburg College, Medgar Evers College and many other places in the US.
13. Recipient of many poetry award abroad ie. Noble House of London England, International Society of Poetry and Famous Poets. Winner of a golden award in poetry.
14. Producer and broadcaster of award-winning ‘The Midnight Ravers’ program on WBAI Radio 99.5 fm NYC. Copped nine awards including a golden real award – one from The National Federation of Community Broadcasters (NFCB), and, one from National Association of Black Journalists.
15. A member of The Global Information Network and Prosperity Alliance (Millionaires Clubs)
16. Author of books and host lecture series at mostly tertiary levels
SEE MORE on ECCLESTON’S ACHIEVEMENTS
See more on W Henry Eccleston website.
Other patrons include Master Painter Barrington Watson, Alexander Cooper, Terrence ‘Farenheit’ Harold, Gene Pearson.
OAaSIS exists to network artists to empower the creative mind of today’s youth.
- ... refers to representatives of the OAaSIS International Foundation contributing on its activities and involvements on this site. Views expressed may not necessarily represent those of the owner of this site, but published in the interest of the wider public. OAaSIS Fdn exists to empower the creative mind of youths, esp Jamaicans. Link UP here