It is my intention in this space to share knowledge and experience gleaned by me in over 40 years of being intimately involved with the Jamaican Entertainment Industry.
This, in my capacity as the Gleaner’s first Entertainment Editor.
The industry has evolved greatly since 1974 when I began my career as a journalist at the Gleaner.
The landscape [of Jamaican Entertainment] was decidedly different than it is today in music, dances, stage shows, theater, art, modeling and even beauty contests.
It is my hope that as I share my knowledge and experience with readers you will be informed, educated and entertained.
Come with me on a journey which promises to debunk myths, unveil secrets and lay bare certain facts as they relate to Jamaica’s Entertainment Industry.
- - qualified & experienced as an Editor in the arts, entertainment and sports, doing reviews and critiques as an active journalist. I worked as the first Entertainment Editor of the Jamaica Gleaner, and also served the Jamaica Observer for over 30 years combined. ... contact me by email here Read more About Howard McGowan
- Events and celebrations2016.12.24The stage show era part 1 by Howard McGowan
- Jamaica Entertainment Industry2016.12.17Entertainment coverage and the Gleaner
- Jamaica Entertainment Industry2016.12.10The engine which drove dancehall
- Jamaica Entertainment Industry2016.12.08Howard McGowan writes on ‘When Reggae died’