POSTED IN RESPONSE TO How can I get title for land… here ?
QUESTION: Dear Legal Wiz,
Can a vendor/buyer use a Justice of the Peace to transact a sale of a lot of land?
RESPONSE: Dear Shar,
Thank you for writing in. Reading the the Legal Profession Act of Jamaica is recommended.
As far as my experience goes, a Justice of the Peace (JP) is not authorised to do sales.
The law is set up that only lawyers should conduct sales, unless he gives instructions to someone with paralegal training to do the same.
Any further information will be posted.
1. Legal profession Act of Jamaica
2. Within the International Legal LegWorkers (Jamaica), paralegals take instructions from relating attorneys and no article is published by Legal Wiz team, without research and approval.
... a team of professional experts, mostly Jamaicans, from varied fields including as priority paralegal, investigation, research, real estate, construction, arts (literary, visual, performing, culinary) and entertainment, certified Attorneys (civil and criminal law). Information is researched, then published, on this site, in the interest of the wider public.
Link me here
Click here for more about us
- Questions: Legal Wiz2020.03.16I left the court before my name was called, covid scare
- Questions: Legal Wiz2020.03.09In need of a tenancy agreement for use in MoBay
- Questions: Legal Wiz2020.03.02In-laws blocked me from the funeral, but I want my share
- Questions: Legal Wiz2020.02.24I need to know if the squatters got my parents title by fraud