My caretaker put her in for monies, I need her out

My caretaker put her in for monies, I need her out

My caretaker put a girl in my property, while I was away in England. He said he needed cash and I didn’t have any to send at the time. He did not tell me about her until certain problems were experienced. Now that I want her out I have given her a notice. Some lawyer sent me a letter that she has been there undisturbed and therefore will be taking steps to acquire my property.
Can she do this?
I have always paid my taxes. My caretaker says she scared him off with her bad man boyfriend. I have no monies left, because I had to return the monies I took from someone who was buying the property who also got a letter from the girls attorney.
Please do not suggest that I go to the Legal Aid clinic on Tower Street. They have not been helpful.


Dear Sharakay,
It is strongly suggested you get an attorney, even if you do not get one now. A notice will have to be drafted properly and served on the girl. At the expiration of the notice visit the court nearest you without delay and start court proceedings to get an order from the Court to get her off. Your caretaker needs to get his act together and along with other witnesses prepare to assist you in court.
Its almost conclusive that you will need an attorney-at-law to follow through on the legal proceedings in court. Have you tried other Legal Aid clinics? Should you need help locating an attorney. All the best!
Legal Wiz

USEFUL LINK ‘Brochure on How To Serve Summons’

Be warned that sewer service and false declarations of service makes a process server liable for prosecution.

Legal Wiz


The above does not constitute legal advice, and are done by inhouse senior journalists, chiefly Anthea McGibbon, after research and discussion with attorneys-at-law and other specialists, as necessary. Please remember that names are changed at times by request of the person seeking information.

For physical assistance:

For non attorney services (including research, documentation, collections, legwork, filing, artwork, follow ups) in Jamaica you may simply write to to make private arrangements beyond the commitment of this mediahouse. TEL: 876-530-5744 or 305-648-6963.
The Legal Wiz networks professionals from all fields to serve the interest of all Jamaicans and persons relating with Jamaicans.
Physical office is at Suite # 1, 3 South Avenue, Swallowfield, Kingston 5, Jamaica West Indies. Rates may apply.

Author Profile

... a team of professional experts, mostly Jamaicans, from varied fields including as priority paralegal, investigation, research, real estate, construction, arts (literary, visual, performing, culinary) and entertainment, certified Attorneys (civil and criminal law). Information is researched, then published, on this site, in the interest of the wider public.
Link me here
Click here for more about us

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.