It’s the starting of Independence Celebrations preparations. The Independence Village for 2015 is a brilliant idea. For one Jamaicans who were unable to cram into the National Stadium for first hand view of the Grand Gala saw it pretty close on big screens.
I didnt see any live images of Jamaica folklore history, but still there is hardly a word to describe the village, filled with laughter and Jamaicans scurrying about to ensure visitors get a feel of ole time Jamaica. Just enough booths representing services and products from corporate Jamaica, such as the Registrar General Department were set up.
Jamaican artists and artisans displayed creative work as their interpretation and reporting of the Jamaica scene through the years.
Glad to see Diaspora members visiting this time of year just for the Independence events, some clamouring for last minute souveneirs. Happy 53 Jamaica.
- ... qualified & experienced in journalism, creative writing, editing, the arts, art critique, paralegal, photography, teaching, research, event planning, motivational speaking, workshops for children and adults, visual arts etc. Click here for contact form. ...or email me here
- One culture from many2022.10.17Jamaica Opposition Mark Golding 2022 Heroes Day address
- Of Law and Justice2022.10.12Jamaica Stock Exchange is for all Jamaicans!
- Events and celebrations2022.10.03List of Digicel Rising Star winners up to 2022
- Raw and Direct2022.10.02ARE JAMAICANS prepared for artificial intelligence?