Do you have a claim and need to outline it for court? The form you need to use for claims valued under a million dollars, is called Particulars of claim. It can also be used for some claims to recover your property. Use the Particulars of Claim form below for lower court for topics such as:
Specific Performance (to get someone to do something specific)
Breach of Contract
Recovery of Possession
Guide to filling in this form is below.
Download Particulars of Claim form here:
Filling in the Particulars of Claim
1. The Plaintiff is the person making the claim so fill in the name and address. Agents acting for someone else, please write in for more information or contact the court immediately
2. The Defendant is the person to be brought to court, so fill in their name and address
3. Enter the sum and the type of claim in the next line
4. Briefly describe how the person came to offend or owe you. Avoid the fluff and just be specific. 7 lines maximum
5. State how much the property is worth for recovery claims
6. Sign on the line for Plaintiff
7. At the bottom fill in the lines as to who is making the claim and your contact information
Feel free to write in if you have challenges or contact a paralegal or attorney nearest you.
If you cannot read or write so well, and do not have an attorney, there are several persons who can assist you to fill in forms, or to put your facts together so its easily understood. These persons include such as a Justice of the Peace, some police officers, paralegals, journalist, attornies.
The above does not constitute legal advice. Inhouse senior journalists research and discuss with specialists eg attorneys-at-law, as necessary before posting responses. In conclusion, names are changed at times by request.
FOR PHYSICAL WORK:
For attorney-support services (including research, documentation, collections, legwork, agent, property overseer, housesitter, follow ups et al) in Jamaica you may call 876-530-5744 or 305-648-6963 or simply write to email@example.com to make private arrangements beyond the commitment of this mediahouse.
Critically the Legal Wiz networks professionals from fields in the interest of all Jamaicans and persons relating with Jamaicans.
Physical office is at Suite # 1, 3 South Avenue, Swallowfield, Kingston 5, Jamaica West Indies. Rates may apply. See more
... a team of professional experts, mostly Jamaicans, from varied fields including as priority paralegal, investigation, research, real estate, construction, arts (literary, visual, performing, culinary) and entertainment, certified Attorneys (civil and criminal law). Information is researched, then published, on this site, in the interest of the wider public.
Link me here
Click here for more about us
- Questions: Legal Wiz2019.03.25Jamaica lawyer wants more after full payment
- Questions: Legal Wiz2019.03.18Unruly tenant, on dead parents property in Jamaica
- Of Law and Justice2019.03.04It’s called stealing.. even if you downloaded from the Internet
- Questions: Legal Wiz2019.02.25I need a rental agent and a Jamaica attorney-at-law!