Mom needs her name on title again

Mom needs her name on title again

QUESTION: Dear Legal Wiz,
My mother left Jamaica decades ago to make a better life abroad, she put her eldest child (at the time) name on the deed for the house she was paying for. However after many years passed her eldest removed her name without her knowledge or permission and put her name and her kids name on the deed. Now she wants to sell the property, how can my mother get back control and get housing to reinstate her name back on the deed and does she need her eldest child permission to do so? We have paperwork with my mothers name showing payment for the property before she migrated can this be used as proof?

Your scenario seems to be missing some details. However, the title itself will need to be examined, along with the documents used to remove your mom’s name before the next step can be ascertained.
Legal Wiz


The above does not constitute or replace professional legal advice.
The responses to the varied submitted questions are drafted by our inhouse journalist, after research and consultations with attornies-at-law and other relating experts in their fields. It is not to be assumed therefore that all members of the Legal Wiz team are trained and practicing attornies-at-law, realtors, investigators, but being a part of the network such personnel utilise their skills for the success of all.
Contact the team at 530-5744

Author Profile

... a team of professional experts, mostly Jamaicans, from varied fields including as priority paralegal, investigation, research, real estate, construction, arts (literary, visual, performing, culinary) and entertainment, certified Attorneys (civil and criminal law). Information is researched, then published, on this site, in the interest of the wider public.
Link me here
Click here for more about us

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.